I. STATEMENT OF POLICY
We will provide you with a Personal Information Collection Statement, in an appropriate format and manner, whenever we collect personal information from you.
II. PRIVACY NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
A. Personal Information We Collect
As part of our dealings with you, we may collect your personal information, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Your name, gender, civil status, date of birth, address, contact numbers, email address, mailing address, proof of identification, and any other information relating to you which you have submitted to us in any form as a result of our interaction with you
- Your credit history, bank account, and credit card information which you provide us in availing of our products and services
- Your employment history, educational background, resume or curriculum vitae, and income information when you apply for an internship, training, or job with us
- Your social media behavior when you tag, mention, or post photographs of any development of AC Energy and its subsidiaries publicly on any social media account (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Your work-related information when you apply for vendor accreditation
B. Collecting Personal Information
We may collect and store your personal information in various ways, such as:
- When you purchase or avail of any of our products, services, promotions, activities, and events
- When you interact with our sales or customer care agents through e-mail, phone, chat services, or face-to-face meetings
- When you submit information through any of our digital platforms (e.g., websites, mobile applications) or contact us through any of our social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- When you manually or electronically submit to us your complaints, inquiries or requests
- When you respond to surveys, promotions, and other marketing and sales initiatives
- When you submit an internship/training/job application
- When we receive references from third parties or our business partners
- When you provide us your personal information for any other reason
C. Personal Information Other Than Yours
When you disclose to us another individual’s (e.g., your dependent, spouse, children and/or parent/s) personal information, you attest that consent has been obtained from that person to disclose to us and allow us to process said personal information in accordance with this policy. This does not preclude us from requiring written proof of consent prior to processing personal information regarding said individual.
III. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
A. Uses of Your Personal Information
AC Energy uses and otherwise processes your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- Provide you with timely and reliable products and services that you have requested, including customer support and related services
- Communicate relevant services and advisories, including responses to your queries, requests, and complaints
- Provide information about our products and services which may be of interest to you
- Comply with the requirements of law, public order and safety, assist in law enforcement efforts, and to fulfill other legal obligations
- Analyze and manage other commercial risks
- Process information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes
- Establish a customer relationship and communicate with you in furtherance thereof
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above
B. Other Uses by Nature of Our Dealings
Aside from the general uses mentioned in the previous section, we may use your personal information depending on your dealings with us in any of the following manner:
- When You Are a Customer, Vendor, A Prospective Vendor, or a Contractor
- To conduct the appropriate due diligence checks
- To register and process your application
- To prepare and execute required documentation
- To perform financial transactions such as the processing of payments and perform other actions necessary or desirable in the implementation of our contract
- To communicate any advisories or changes in the terms and conditions of our contract
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above
- When You Apply for Internship, Training, or Employment or Become our Intern, Trainee, or Employee
- To process your application including any of the following:
- Conducting background check/s
- Conducting aptitude and personality tests and checks
- Conducting interviews
- Facilitating medical check-ups and clearances
- Collecting information about your suitability for the position
- To administer benefits and payroll processing
- To organize training and development
- To assess your performance
- To perform other actions necessary or desirable in the implementation of your internship/training/employment contract
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above
- When You Are Our Shareholder
- To administer the relationship such as identification verification including identity of your nominated proxy
- To communicate the company’s performance, including products and services, as well as changes in policies, terms, and conditions through various media, as applicable
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above
C. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to the following entities, as reasonably necessary depending on the product and service concerned:
- Our employees and officers
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors
- Insurers and credit providers
- Banks, credit check companies, and their respective service provider(s)
- Suppliers or subcontractors, third party service providers, and/or consultants who have been contracted by the company to provide financial, technical, administrative, and other services such as information technology, payroll, accounting, sales administration, procurement, training, and others
- Any third-party businesses offering goods and services or sponsoring contests or other marketing and promotional programs
- We may likewise disclose your personal information as reasonably necessary and for the purposes set out in this policy to any of the following:
- Members of our group of companies or our subsidiaries and affiliates
- Our holding company, Ayala Corporation, and all its subsidiaries and affiliates
- Our joint venture partners
- We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by applicable law and/or rules and regulations
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- To the buyer or prospective buyer of any business or asset that we are contemplating to sell
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of such personal information
- Any entity with which we share information about you for the above purposes is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy, and comply with the Data Privacy Act. We also require that these entities use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information. This includes entities which handle or obtain personal information as service providers for AC Energy.
D. International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we make use of cloud services in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish or submit for publication on our digital platforms may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
E. Retention and Disposal of Your Personal Information
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to the extent required by or pursuant to our contract;
- to the extent necessary to protect our legitimate business interests; and
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
Thereafter, your personal information shall be disposed of or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public.
F. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- Accessing Your Personal Information
- You may ask us for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to your provision of competent evidence of your identity.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- Updating Your Personal Information
If you deem that the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, please contact our Data Protection Officer (for contact details, see below).
You may ask us to stop collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer (for contact details, see below). Kindly note, however, that depending on the nature of your consent withdrawal, our ability to continue providing our products and services to you may be compromised.
- Promotional and Direct Marketing
If you do not want your personal information to be used by us for promotional or direct marketing activities, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line, “REMOVE” or click the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of our e-mail notifications.
G. Protecting Your Information
- AC Energy maintains physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal data against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- Using secured servers behind advance threat protection appliances, firewalls, encryptions and other security tools
- We limit access of your personal information to those who are qualified and authorized to process them. All such persons, wherever they are located, are required by us to protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal information in a manner consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
- Our information system/infrastructure undergo regular security vulnerability and penetration testing to ensure your personal information is properly protected.
H. Third-Party Websites
I. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- The search terms you used
- The pages and internal links accessed on our site
- The date and time you visited the site
- The referring site or platform (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- Your operating system
- Web browser type
J. Management and Security
AC Energy has designated a Data Protection Officer to ensure the company’s compliance with the Philippine Data Privacy Act, its implementing rules and regulations, and this policy. AC Energy management is committed to ensure that its Privacy Management Program is constantly reviewed, monitored, and enhanced. AC Energy regards personal data breaches very seriously.
L. How to Contact Us
For inquiries or concerns regarding data privacy, including this policy, you may write or call AC Energy’s Data Protection Officer using the following details:
Office of the Data Protection Officer
4th Floor, 6750 Office Tower
Ayala Avenue, Makati City
Tel No.: 632 730 6300